We all knew there was no way to escape de lix. He was vex and we jes had to deal with it.
All around the yard was scattered with bits of bottle and the entire compound smelt like somebody try to burn ah goat alive.
He stood us up in a line against the brick wall of the gallery by age, for all of Siparia Old Road to see. Pacing to and fro in front of us, he kept slapping the whip against his palm and staring directly into our eyes.
I looked to my right and saw Gavvy sniffling and whimpering and Nasa grinning and trying to inhale the snot leaking down his nose. On my left, Mimi was staring at Pappy with smoke coming out her ears and her teeth barred, ready to fight, and Ren was sending him kisses and sweet eye.
I myself opted for the play dumb facial expressions. Staring into space, blowing my curls out of my eyes, looking at him and nodding, “ yea yea dey was real beinghave bad pappy, real bad.”
Suddenly he stopped. Place get real quiet. Cosco dog down de road yelp and then run away, Mama stopped screaming at Neighbor about de ironing and uncle Barry pelt behind the “hideout” he and Nasa was building for months now.
“Ok.. who make de channa bomb?”
All heads swing towards Nasa.
“Pappy, come nah Pappy, I ent do it, I was heh heh helping Barry….was GAVIN!”
all heads swing towards Gavin to see pee running down his leg.
“Pappy! Nasa lie he lie! I was inside … under de centre tabbllle… pretending to beeeee…ah doggg.. Pappy!”
All eyes roll up in dey head.
“Madam”
“ aye no Pappy. Ask mama I was selling crix right here, right here in the gallery! Ask ren she was buying.. ent ren ? ent?”
I turned to see Ren still sending kisses for him. He smiles.
“PAPPY! Aye!”
“Aye don’t aye me!”
“I mean Pops.. wassen we yuh know was uncle Barry.”
“Michelle! Come here I will cut yuh tail!” Uncle Barry suddenly appear.
My grand dad turns to us. We all turn to face the wall and receive one lash each.. Lawd we bawl we bawl!!!!!
“allyuh want something to cry about!”
“NO Pappy!
“oho”
Silence for about 3 minutes then Ren…
“Pap, guess what?”
“what babe?”
“Nasa fulla beer bottle with pee and make Kerrie drink it! And she taught was reaaaaaaal beeer!”
All around the yard was scattered with bits of bottle and the entire compound smelt like somebody try to burn ah goat alive.
He stood us up in a line against the brick wall of the gallery by age, for all of Siparia Old Road to see. Pacing to and fro in front of us, he kept slapping the whip against his palm and staring directly into our eyes.
I looked to my right and saw Gavvy sniffling and whimpering and Nasa grinning and trying to inhale the snot leaking down his nose. On my left, Mimi was staring at Pappy with smoke coming out her ears and her teeth barred, ready to fight, and Ren was sending him kisses and sweet eye.
I myself opted for the play dumb facial expressions. Staring into space, blowing my curls out of my eyes, looking at him and nodding, “ yea yea dey was real beinghave bad pappy, real bad.”
Suddenly he stopped. Place get real quiet. Cosco dog down de road yelp and then run away, Mama stopped screaming at Neighbor about de ironing and uncle Barry pelt behind the “hideout” he and Nasa was building for months now.
“Ok.. who make de channa bomb?”
All heads swing towards Nasa.
“Pappy, come nah Pappy, I ent do it, I was heh heh helping Barry….was GAVIN!”
all heads swing towards Gavin to see pee running down his leg.
“Pappy! Nasa lie he lie! I was inside … under de centre tabbllle… pretending to beeeee…ah doggg.. Pappy!”
All eyes roll up in dey head.
“Madam”
“ aye no Pappy. Ask mama I was selling crix right here, right here in the gallery! Ask ren she was buying.. ent ren ? ent?”
I turned to see Ren still sending kisses for him. He smiles.
“PAPPY! Aye!”
“Aye don’t aye me!”
“I mean Pops.. wassen we yuh know was uncle Barry.”
“Michelle! Come here I will cut yuh tail!” Uncle Barry suddenly appear.
My grand dad turns to us. We all turn to face the wall and receive one lash each.. Lawd we bawl we bawl!!!!!
“allyuh want something to cry about!”
“NO Pappy!
“oho”
Silence for about 3 minutes then Ren…
“Pap, guess what?”
“what babe?”
“Nasa fulla beer bottle with pee and make Kerrie drink it! And she taught was reaaaaaaal beeer!”
Comments