It is an indescribable feeling, when you finally realise you have grown up. It doesn't come with a letter telling you "congratulations you are now able to pluck your nose hairs every morning or it's time to buy maternity bras to replace your sexy lacy ones." If it did I would blasted smack the writer with my maternity bra anyway...
Moving on...I didn't realise almost 30 would feel like this. I can still remember being five years old and rubbing my snot on my cousin while she was sleeping. But almost 30 feels a lot better. It is like end of a long week when you know you have great plans for the weekend..a feeling of total contentment. Maybe this sudden urge to play violins and sniff flowers comes from being married recently, or maybe I finally licked too much Evo Stick. Either way, I am happy to report that I don't mind being almost 30. Even if I see my fingers turning into prunes when there is clearly no sign of water around. Even when my knees make sudden creaky noises when I walk and I have to hum to cover it. Even when I look in the mirror and can't see shit. Even when I can no longer attempt to bite my toe nails without rolling backwards and smacking my head on the table...
If turning 30 means I can wake up every morning, see my husband rolled up in a ball with all the blankets... drink wine every night...say exactly what I want to whom I want...stare in disdain and annoyance at 20 year old on the bus for talking to loudly...wear a jacket full of lint and forget to wash my hair ....I guess I am OK with that.
Moving on...I didn't realise almost 30 would feel like this. I can still remember being five years old and rubbing my snot on my cousin while she was sleeping. But almost 30 feels a lot better. It is like end of a long week when you know you have great plans for the weekend..a feeling of total contentment. Maybe this sudden urge to play violins and sniff flowers comes from being married recently, or maybe I finally licked too much Evo Stick. Either way, I am happy to report that I don't mind being almost 30. Even if I see my fingers turning into prunes when there is clearly no sign of water around. Even when my knees make sudden creaky noises when I walk and I have to hum to cover it. Even when I look in the mirror and can't see shit. Even when I can no longer attempt to bite my toe nails without rolling backwards and smacking my head on the table...
If turning 30 means I can wake up every morning, see my husband rolled up in a ball with all the blankets... drink wine every night...say exactly what I want to whom I want...stare in disdain and annoyance at 20 year old on the bus for talking to loudly...wear a jacket full of lint and forget to wash my hair ....I guess I am OK with that.
Comments